Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First sign of snow!

Today it snowed in the valley!!! And we were very excited!!! (As you can see, no time to waste putting coats on!!) The kids are so excited to play in it, they are all old enough this year to enjoy the whole sledding thing. I was also very pleased because this meant Steven was stuck inside for the day... which means he had a big project inside that's been starring at us all, for many months actually! Its kind of a funny story, we are in the middle of finishing our basement (another project) in the meantime (while I'm at work) Steven decides to knock a huge wall out in our upstairs living room! Now Isn't that fabulous!! It will be, though projects around here tend to last awhile... I know, I even have a few myself! So tearing out our fireplace,we never used and knocking out the wall, here's what we've lived with for months now....
Here's a before picture
And here's an after, YES it is the same wall, I swear. It's just gone


Looking better already!!

So after a long days work he was able to get quit a bit done! I can live with it this way now for a few more months!!
While Steven was busy being the handy man I entertained asher and sabyn with a fort in the kitchen!

Thank goodness for the snow, and handy husband's with great ideas!


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Holy Moley! I want to come see it in real life! It looks like it's gonna be awesome! Way to take advantage of a day inside. Good thing that Sabyn and Asher have a cell phone in the fort in case of an emergency.
I also want to come see your new table since I see the 1/2 painted black chair in the background.
So, I'm really glad that you got little very sleep last night so that you could update your blog. It was worth it! It looks great and I love the new autumn background. You're so festive!
P.S. I like your pants :)

Moss Family said...

I can't believe how much you got done. Good Job! Cute Pictures.